Pacific Northwest locals know the appeal of Seattle in the fall, and most of the tourists have left. Fall is actually one of the best times to visit Seattle, with plenty to do, see, and experience without the tourism crowds.
According to US News’ Travel, September through November is “the best time to head to Seattle: The weather is still mild and the summer crowds have returned home, leaving behind plenty of unfilled, bargain-priced rooms. Plus, an abundance of autumn festivals makes a fall visit exciting.”
Bumbershoot weekend kind of took over in early September, but there are other exciting fall events and activities to enjoy:
• Earshot Jazz’s 25th Annual Festival – October 1st through November 17th, more than 60 jazz artists and bands from all over the nation will be performing at venues throughout the city, including some very near to us in Ballard. Visit the website for more details.
• Celebrate the Season at the Fall Family Festival – The whole family can enjoy a fun house extravaganza on Saturday, October 26th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be bouncy house inflatables, booths, food, candy, and a giant maze at Mars Hill Church in Ballard – all celebrating fall. This is a free event for families with children.
• Enjoy Fall Scenery Along the Canal – Now that the leaves are changing and the chilly weather has arrived, you can enjoy a gorgeous walk along the Ship Canal! Leaves are a myriad of beautiful colors right now, and the canal is abuzz with ships coming and going as they get the last of the summer’s catch!
• Grab a Seasonal Cider – The many breweries throughout Ballard are starting to release their autumn brews, ready for the tasting! Head to any one of our dozens of taprooms, bars, and restaurants to find a seasonal cider or fall beer to enjoy.
• Start Holiday Shopping Early – With all of the shops and boutiques in the neighborhood – and all in close proximity to each other – it’s easy to get all of your holiday shopping done early in Ballard! Find unique hostess gifts and more at Romanza, glamorous accessories and celebrity reproduction jewelry at Filthy Rich of Seattle, and any toy or craft set that kids in your life could want at Clover Toys. Dozens of other boutiques and gift shops line Ballard Avenue and its surrounding streets.
Happy fall from all of us at Hotel Ballard! We hope you enjoy your time as you visit Seattle, and wish you a fantastic holiday season to come!